This year’s National Digital Learning Event on 20th June will showcase innovative digital practices being developed in schools across Wales.
Practitioners will give practical insights into their approaches to implementing the Digital Competence Framework as part of wider curriculum reform.
With the specific theme of ‘Sharing digital practices to support an evolving curriculum’, feature five distinct areas will feature in the exhibition hall of the Celtic Manor hotel. Delegates will be able to choose on the day from a menu of 20 minute presentation and Q&A sessions.
The five areas are:
- Embedding digital practice in your school
- Developing creative digital practice
- Award winners
- All about Hwb
- Cracking the code
Examples of sessions within the ‘Embedding digital practice in your school’ area show how varied the event’s offerings will be:
- Risa Comprehensive School – Our journey towards implementing the Digital Competence Framework
- Ysgol y Deri – Widening learners’ horizons through the use of VR Technology
- Ysgol Bae Baglan – Amplifying pupil voice using FlipGrid
- Ysgol Bryn Gwalia – Splish, splash, sphero! Programmable technology in Art
In a speech to open the event, Cabinet Secretary for Education Kirsty Williams AM will announce the winner of the National Digital Learning Council’s Pupil Award.
For more information and to book a place, visit the NDLE page on Hwb.
A learner from Ysgol Bro Banw in the NDLE 2017 Digital Marketplace